SSS Inquiry

Filed Under ( , , , ) by I am Eric.E. on Sunday, November 9, 2008

I was really happy that SSS had their online inquiry where we can check our remittances via their website at http://www.sss.gov.ph. There were three problems however. One is that it takes months before the figures get updated. Second is that their website is too slow. The third problem is about security. You're only asked of your SSS number and your birth date and you can view contributions.
I re-visited the site a while ago and my initial feeling was disappointment. I was accustomed to inquiring by just placing in my SSS id and my birth date. They redesigned their site which now requires to register for a user name. Whoa I was furious because aside from the extra effort of signing up, the third problem mentioned a while ago was very much in effect. The site was still turtle-slow. Much worse, I need to wait for a confirmation email from them to get my password. I was pacified though when the email arrived 5 minutes later. Why was I pacified with the 5 minutes? Well, I expected the reply to arrive hours or even days later (don't ask why). Well at least one of the problems I mentioned above was fixed--Security (or so I think). Still, they need to work on the speed.

PaidMailz